Got a party to plan and out of ideas for an unconventional dessert/appetizer? Try this baked caramel brie cheese recipe made inside some puff pastry! It’s like a caramel apple dip and a caramel cheesecake rolled in one. You can also make small ones for individual serving or make a huge version too!
What You’ll Need:
- Half a pound store-bought puff pastry
- 1 round of brie (about half a pound)
- Half a cup caramel
- Egg wash (1 small egg beaten with a quarter cup milk or water)
- Apple slices (optional, you can use pretzels and bread sticks too)
- High-quality cinnamon
Let’s Make This Mouthwatering Baked Caramel Brie Cheese Recipe!
1. Preheat your oven to 180C. Place your brie, puff pastry, and caramel on the counter for about 30 minutes to make them easier to work with later (just 10 minutes if you are from a warm place).
2. Roll out the pastry into about 1/6 of an inch thick. It should be big enough to wrap around the brie later.
3. Use a plate or a platter to cut a round shape out of the puff pastry. It should be at least 3-4 inches bigger than your round of brie on all sides.
4. Spread the caramel on the center of the pastry and then top with the brie.
5. Carefully fold the pastry over the brie. It’s okay for the pastry not to be perfect or to have cracks where it has dried out. All will be well once it’s baked.
6. Once the brie has been fully wrapped in the pastry, brush with a bit of egg wash. Place the pastry-wrapped brie on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is fully cooked.
7. The top should be browned and the pastry should be really flaky. Cut the top open to let the melted cheese and caramel ooze out.
8. Serve as is or with some apple slices. You’re meant to dip the crisp apple slices into the warm and gooey cream cheese and caramel mix of this baked caramel brie cheese recipe. A sprinkling of high-quality cinnamon will add the perfect seasoning touch to this delicious dish. Enjoy!
For 40 years, Champion Supplies has provided customers with solutions to their cleaning problems through the use of unique high-performance products, the majority of which are made in the USA. Our philosophy has always been to custom make, source, and market products of the highest quality that are typically not available in stores.