What You’ll Need For Better Brownies
1 cup unsalted butter, cold
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
3 cups sugar
2 tsp real vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
8 big peanut butter cups, chopped up
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat a 9×13 baking pan with a little butter.
- Put 1 cup butter and bittersweet chocolate in heavy saucepan over low heat and melt, stirring and watching closely; set aside.
- Put eggs and sugar into a bowl and mix with a beater on medium-high speed until light yellow and fluffy.
- Lower the beater speed and slowly add the chocolate mixture, then add the vanilla, keeping the beater running.
- Continue with the beater on low speed and slowly add flour, incorporating before adding more, then sprinkle in the salt and be sure it’s mixed in.
- Stop beater, and with a large spatula, fold in the chopped up peanut butter cups.
- Transfer the mixture into your buttered baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven about 30 to 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and the edges pull away from the pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan, then cut into squares to transport to picnic or enjoy immediately.