What You Need For This Rib Roast:
1 (6 lb) beef Rib Roast
1 T anise seed, crushed
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 T olive oil
2 T Dijon mustard
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
3 C dried apricots
12 red boiling onions, halved
1/3 C orange juice
3 fresh pears, wedged
How to Make Fruited Holiday Rib Roast:
- Set the oven temperature to 325 degrees and allow the oven to heat up.
- Trim all the fat from the rib roast and discard.
- Place the anise seed and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the oil and the mustard.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and whisk together to combine well.
- Remove 3 T of the oil mixture and place in a separate bowl for later use.
- Place the roast on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Brush the roast with the remaining oil being sure to completely cover.
- Place the roast in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Place the dried apricots and the onions into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the orange juice and the reserved oil.
- Toss to coat the fruit and onions well.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil that is large enough to hold the fruit mixture.
- Fold the foil over the mixture being sure to leave room for steam.
- Place the foil wrap in the oven next to the roast for 30 minutes.
- Place the pears in an oven proof bowl or pan.
- Place them in the oven with the meat and fruit mixture for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the roast to a serving platter and garnish the platter with the pears.
- Add the apricots and onions to the platter, cover and allow standing for 15 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 12
Beef rib roasts make a great centerpiece for that Christmas dinner. With the added fruits and onion this Christmas meat makes everyone’s mouth water in anticipation.
For 40 years, Champion Supplies has provided customers with solutions to their cleaning problems through the use of unique high-performance products, the majority of which are made in the USA. Our philosophy has always been to custom make, source, and market products of the highest quality that are typically not available in stores.