68050 Permatex, a single-component, high-strength anaerobic retention glue, is unrivaled for use on spherical joints.
Green in color, this liquid resin hardens and cures when oxygen is absent.
In the tight space between two metal pieces, the plastic used in Permatex Bearing Mount for Relaxed Fits hardens itself.
Once 68050 Permatex adhesive cures, it becomes a thermoset plastic that can withstand exposure to many chemicals, including those found in automotive fluids. It is registered in the NSF White Book.
The following is a list of the advantages that come along with utilizing 68050 Permatex Bearing Mount for Relaxed Fits:
- No mixing is necessary, and there is no requirement for curing to take place outside of the joint.
- It protects against corrosion and fretting, enables press fit or slip fit assembly, and is an excellent choice for use on assemblies with gaps of up to 0.015 inches in diameter.
You can use the Permatex Bearing Mount for Relaxed Fits in place of clamp rings, set screws, snap rings, and in applications involving idler bearings/shafts and wheel bearings.
1. Permatex Brake & Parts Cleaner can be used to get rid of any grease or oil.
2. Apply 68050 Permatex glue around the collar’s leading edge and rotate the part into place to create a slide fit.
3. To establish a press fit, adhesive must be completely applied to both surfaces of the bond, and the components must then be attached at elevated press-on rates.
4. In order to assemble components using a shrink fitting method, adhesive must be placed onto the pin before the collar is heated to a temperature high enough to generate enough space for free assembly.
5. Permatex Surface Prep can be used on both surfaces for quicker curing times.
6. Until the parts are strong enough to be handled, they should not be moved around.
7. In this case, just the assembly itself will cure, not the exterior components.
8. Use a dry towel to remove any residue.
1. Permatex Brake & Parts Cleaner is able to easily dissolve any residual liquid films that are found outside of the joints.
2. Permatex Gasket Remover can be used in conjunction with a wire brush or other mechanical abrasive to dislodge cured product.
1. Assembly requires local heating to a temperature of 232 °C (450 °F.)
2. When hot, disassemble the parts.
1. Don’t forget to pick up any stray components from the assembly.
2. To ensure proper adhesion between components, prime them before assembly.
3. Put together in the specified manner.
Standard Performance of Curing
Substrate versus Speed of Curing
How quickly something cures will vary depending on the substance.
Active metals, such as copper, soft steel, manganese, brass, nickel, aluminum alloy, and bronze, can spark a greater and quicker reaction in 68050 Permatex Bearing Mount for Relaxed Fits.
Cure speed and maximum strength at room temperature can be achieved without the use of surface prep or an activator when adhering to “inactive metals,” such as anodized surfaces, iron bright platings, zinc, titanium, stainless steel, cadmium, and pure aluminum.
Questions? Need A Price Estimate? Feel Free To Get In Touch With Us!
68050 Permatex Bearing Mount for Relaxed Fits:
- 50 ml bottle.
- 250 ml bottle.