Big protection but not slippery, Red Line 75W140NS GL-5 Gear Oil is for certain trans and diff applications.
- Contains extreme pressure additives like our 75W140 GL-5 oil, but lacks friction modifiers to balance slipperiness.
- Popular for historic and vintage transmissions, like Mid-1930s to early-1950s synchro-equipped gearboxes in cars and trucks.
- Helps with noisy or rough shifting in troubled A-833 Dodge/Plymouth 4-speed transmissions from 1964 to 1969.
- Option for noisy transmissions when mixed with 75W90NS or MT-90 to bring viscosity level up.
- Also used in clutch-type limited slip differentials in racing for maximum lock up-some users add Limited Slip Friction Modifier in small doses to customize slippage.
- Non corrosive formula, safe for use with all synchro materials.
These products contain the extreme pressure additives necessary for ultimate protection road cars and racing vehicles, as well as friction modifiers (except NS) for proper limited-slip operation.
- Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions.
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers (except NS) provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears.
- High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change.
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils.
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications.
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear.
API Service Class: GL 5+
SAE Viscosity Grade (Gear Oil:) 75W140
Vis @ 100°C, cSt: 27.1
Vis @ 40°C, cSt: 168
Viscosity Index: 200
Pour Point, °C: -45
Pour Point, °F: -49
Brookfield Viscosity, Poise: 1200 @-40°C
Suitable replacement for:
API GL-5 & MT-1
Historic & Vintage Synchro Transmissions
Used in SAE 140 Applications
Available in the following sizes: Quarts, Gallons, 5 Gallons, 16 Gallons, and 55 Gallons.