Red Line 80W140 GL-5 Gear Oil is an old-school viscosity that still out-protects the competition.
- Recommended for API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L-2105E and SAE J2360.
- Contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials – for most LSDs, no additional friction modifiers are required.
- This product is not designed for use in manual transmission or transaxles with synchronizers, as its slipperiness may lead to shifting problems.
- Popular in stock car racing differentials and transmissions.
These products contain the extreme pressure additives necessary for ultimate protection road cars and racing vehicles, as well as friction modifiers (except NS) for proper limited-slip operation.
- Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions.
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers (except NS) provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears.
- High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change.
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils.
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications.
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear.
- API Service Class: GL 5+
- SAE Viscosity Grade (Gear Oil:) 80W140
- Vis @ 100°C, cSt: 26
- Vis @ 40°C, cSt: 227
- Viscosity Index; 146
- Pour Point, °C: -40
- Pour Point, °F: -40
- Brookfield Viscosity, Poise: 500 @-26°C
Suitable replacement for:
API GL-5 & MT-1
Popular in Racing Differentials and Transmissions
Available in the following sizes: Quarts, 5 Gallons, 16 Gallons, and 55 Gallons.