As ATF requirements lean toward lighter viscosity, this one has ultimate stability. For both automatic and manual transmissions.
- Red Line’s lowest viscosity, most shear-stable ATF for consistent operation, designed to satisfy Dexron-VI®, Mercon®SP, Mercon®LV, Honda DW-1, Toyota WS, Mercedes Benz NAG-2, ZF-LG 6, 6+ and 8 fluids.
With eight different combinations of viscosity, slipperiness, and OE-recommended additives packages, Red Line offers the widest selection of ATF available.
- Red Line offers the widest selection of fully-synthetic ATF on the market today.
- Each offer improved thermal stability, maintain viscosity levels, and feature lower volatility while providing the required frictional characteristics of each fluid’s OEM-style replacement.
- Reduced oxidation and lower volatility at high temperature.
- Allows high-temp operation without varnishing valves and clutches.
- Extended drain intervals.
Vis @ 100°C, cSt: 6.3
Vis @ 40°C, cSt: 30.3
Viscosity Index: 163
Pour Point, °C: -60
Pour Point, °F: -76
Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C, Poise: 45
Red Line full-synthetic D6 ATF is a lower viscosity version of the D4ATF and is designed for better fuel efficiency in CAFE testing. Dexron VI requires a different approach to a conventional ATF formulation. Rather than beginning with a 7.5 cSt fluid and allowing a viscosity loss in use to drop to 5.5 cSt, the Dexron VI fluid requires a starting viscosity of less than 6.4 and a final drop to no less than 5.5 cSt. Red Line D6 will drop to no less than 6.1 cSt. Since the final viscosity after use of these fluids are similar, Dexron VI fluids can be used where Dexron III fluids were previously recommended (except for some manual transmission applications, our customers report.)
D6 ATF also provides significantly improved gear protection and will provide a GL-4 level of gear protection. The balanced frictional characteristics provide smooth and consistent shifts for extended drain intervals. The superior stability compared to petroleum ATFs allows high-temperature operation without varnishing valves and clutches which leads to transmission failure.
Suitable Replacement For:
Aisin Warner AW-1
BMW ATF 3
BMW ATF 3+
BMW/Mini 83 22 0 142 516 (M-1375.4)
BMW/Mini 83 22 2 152 426 (M-L12108)
BMW/Mini 83 22 0 432 807
BMW/Mini 83 22 0 397 114
BMW 83 22 2 289 720
BMW 83 22 2305 397
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep ZF 8/9 Speed
Ford Mercon® SP
Ford Mercon® LV
GM Dexron® VI
Honda/Acura Acura Type 3.0
Jaguar/Land Rover Shell M-1375.4
MB Fuchs ATF 3353
Mitsubishi Diamond SP-IV
Mitsubishi Diamond Queen ATF J2
Mitsubishi Diamond Queen ATF J3
Nissan/Infinity NissanMatic S
Shell 3403 M115
Toyota/Lexus JWS 3324
Toyota/Lexus Toyota Type WS
VW/Audi G 055 005
VW/Audi G 055 540
VW/Audi G 060 162
Volvo 31 256 774
Volvo 31 256 775
ZF Lifeguard 6/6 PLUS 8
Dexron and Mercon are trademarks of General Motors and Ford Motor Co., respectively.
Available in the following sizes: Quarts, Gallons, 5 Gallons, 16 Gallons, and 55 Gallons.