Red Line’s intermediate viscosity for Korea’s finest and a few others, too.
- Recommended for Nissan 350Z and 370Z (also most Maxima, Altima & Sentra), Mitsubishi Evolution, Hyundai, Kia and Quaife synchro manual trans applications.
- Many NV4500 truck transmission applications like Chevy Silverado and Dodge Ram, for Chrysler spec MS-9070.
- Safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage.
- Offers quicker shifts, a perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction.
- Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold.
- High performance gear protection and longer synchro life.
- Recommended for GL-1, GL-3 and GL-4 applications as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified.
- Satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 85W, 75W85 and motor oil viscosities of SAE 30 and 5W30.
Since most GL-5 gear oils for differentials are too slippery for manual transmissions, Red Line offers these products that ensure proper shifting while providing ultimate wear protection.
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other’s synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement.)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application.
- MT-LV, MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears.
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates.
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions.
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics.
API Service Class: GL 4
SAE Viscosity Grade (Motor Oil:) 5W30
SAE Viscosity Grade (Gear Oil:) 75W85
Vis @ 100°C: 12.0
Vis @ 40°C: 61.1
Viscosity Index: 198
Pour Point, °C: -48
Pour Point, °F: -54
Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C, Poise: 160
Red Line MT-85 High-Performance Gear Oil is a full-synthetic ester-based lubricant designed for use in manual transmissions and front-wheel-drive transaxles. This shear-stable formula resists breakdown for extended periods and offers more consistent viscosity in warm and cold temperatures for less gear noise and improved shifting. This fluid is less slippery for improved synchronizer coefficient of friction and offers stronger film strength for better wear protection.
Suitable replacement for:
Castrol BOT 0063
Castrol BOT 402
Castrol Syntorq LT
Fuchs-Titan Pro SRG 75
Kia API GL-4 SAE 75W-85, fill for-life
MB 001 989 14 03
MB MAN 341 Typ Z4
Mitsubishi DiaQueen Transmission Oil
Mitsubishi DiaQueen Super Multi Gear Oil
Nissan MTF HQ Multi 999MP-MTF00P
Opel B 040 2071
Tremec® HP-MTF™ Manual Transmission Fluid
VW/Audi G 052 190
VW/Audi G 055 190
Available in the following sizes: Quarts, Gallons, 5 Gallons, 16 Gallons, and 55 Gallons.