Red Line MT-90 75W90 GL-4 Gear Oil is the most popular, has the most viscosity, and offers the most applications.
- 75W90 GL-4 gear oil (similar to SAE 5W40/10W40 engine oil viscosity.)
- Popular in Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, VW/Audi, Lotus Elise/Exige, Toyota, Mendeola transmissions and Atlas transfer cases for Off Road.
- Offers quicker shifts, perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction.
- Safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage.
- High performance gear protection and longer synchro life.
- Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold.
- Satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 75W90, 80W90, 90 and motor oil viscosities of SAE 40, 10W40 and 15W40.
- Recommended for GL-1, GL-3 and GL-4 applications, as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified.
Since most GL-5 gear oils for differentials are too slippery for manual transmissions, Red Line offers these products that ensure proper shifting while providing ultimate wear protection.
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other’s synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement.)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application.
- MT-LV, MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears.
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates.
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions.
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics.
API Service Class: GL 4
SAE Viscosity Grade (Motor Oil:) 15W40
SAE Viscosity Grade (Gear Oil:) 75W90
Vis @ 100°C, cSt: 15.5
Vis @ 40°C, cSt: 82
Viscosity Index: 200
Pour Point, °C: -45
Pour Point, °F: -49
Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C, Poise: 320
Red Line MT-90 High-Performance Gear Oil is a full-synthetic ester-based lubricant designed for use in manual transmissions and front-wheel-drive transaxles. This shear-stable formula resists breakdown for extended periods and offers more consistent viscosity in warm and cold temperatures for less gear noise and improved shifting. This fluid is less slippery for improved synchronizer coefficient of friction and offers stronger film strength for better wear protection.
Suitable replacement for:
SAE 75W90 SAE 90/80W90
Audi G 052 911
BMW 81 22 9 407 305
BMW 83 22 2 339 223
Castrol BOT 130M
Castrol BOT 328
Castrol SAF AG4
Castrol TAF-X 75w-90
Castrol Syntrans Transaxle 75W-90
Mazda (MES) 115A
Mazda L.L. Manual Gear Oil IS
MB A 001989510310
Mobil SHC 630
Nissan Mission Oil MP-G HQ
VW/Audi G 005 000
VW/Audi G 005 100
VW/Audi G 045 190 A2
VW/Audi G 052 145
VW/Audi G 052 157
VW/Audi G 052 911
Available in the following sizes: Quarts, Gallons, 5 Gallons, 16 Gallons, and 55 Gallons.