Ever craved pizza while on a diet? If you are watching your caloric intake or just want a
new way to enjoy pizza and tortillas, this caprese pizza with whole wheat tortilla crust
will save the day. So, what is caprese pizza exactly? Read on to find out! It can be put together in minutes and tastes delicious.
What Is Caprese Pizza Made With?
- 1/3 to ½ cup marinara sauce or tomato sauce (can use tomato puree)
- 1 10-12 inch whole wheat flour tortilla (may use regular tortilla)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (1 teaspoon if using fresh leaves)
- Some basil leaves
- 3-4 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Dried red chili flakes (optional)
Get Ready… It’s Pizza Time!
1. Bring all the ingredients for the Caprese pizza together. Preheat the oven to 180C for at least 15
2. Make your own no-cook Caprese pizza sauce by combining the marinara, tomato sauce,
tomato puree, ground black pepper, red chili flakes, and oregano leaves together.
3. Spread the sauce over the top of the whole wheat tortilla. Layer in some basil
leaves and crumble/shred the mozzarella on top.
4. Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until the tortilla’s edges have crisped up and the
cheese has melted.
5. You may drizzle in some olive oil if you want, but this Caprese pizza with a twist is good as
6. Enjoy this simplified pizza recipe!
For 40 years, Champion Supplies has provided customers with solutions to their cleaning problems through the use of unique high-performance products, the majority of which are made in the USA. Our philosophy has always been to custom make, source, and market products of the highest quality that are typically not available in stores.